10 Digize Oil Benefits That Reveal Why They Are In The Limelight
You must have heard about plenty of essential oils and their use in aromatherapy. But ever came across digize oil benefits? Not many know that digize oil can soothe digestion, boost immunity, induce sleep, relieve stress, maintains healthy skin, treats menstrual problems, and so on.
Let us understand more about Digize essential oil and its therapeutic properties in detail.
What is Digize oil?
Digize oil is is a blend of 8 different essential oils, which include ginger oil, peppermint oil, fennel oil, anise oil, tarragon oil, juniper oil, lemongrass oil, and patchouli oil. (1)
The oil actually stinks, but you will get used to it once you start reaping its benefits. It is totally worth it. The spicy and exotic aroma of this magical blend exerts a calming effect when inhaled. Digize oil helps you to treat gastrointestinal problem.
What makes the Digize Blend?
- Zingiber officinale (Ginger)
- Mentha piperita (Peppermint)
- Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel)
- Pimpinella anisum (Anise)
- Artemisia dracunculus (Tarragon)
- Juniperus osteosperma (Juniper)
- Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass)
- Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli)
Before diving into the health benefits of digize oil, let’s understand how amazing each of these 8 constituents are.
1. Ginger essential oil
The sweet and spicy flavor of ginger essential oil is a baker’s delight. It has concentrated powers and is so amazing that it can treat digestive disorders, respiratory disorders, fever, pain, inflammation, and much more. Overall, it helps to strengthen your gastrointestinal system.
2. Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint oil is one of the most versatile essential oils. The clean and crisp aroma of peppermint oil helps to freshen breath when inhaled. It helps to treat depression, stress, asthma, arthritis, hormonal imbalances, and much more.
3. Fennel essential oil
Don’t be confused with Fennel bitter essential oil. Sweet fennel oil helps to curb hunger, eases digestive process, aids in weight loss, treats diabetes, and much more. Fennel (sweet) essential oil has been used since ancient times to treat various disorders. In addition, fennel oil maintains a healthy liver by stimulating proper bile flow.
4. Anise essential oil
One of the most popular culinary staples in India, Anise essential oil is delicate and sweet. It helps to treat anxiety, whooping cough, indigestion, migraine, and much more.
5. Tarragon essential oil
Tarragon essential oil has been used from ancient times for various purposes. It helps to cure indigestion, stimulates the nervous system, and balances gut microflora. This is one of the most-sorted ancient digestive remedies. You can use Tarragon oil to treat intestinal spasms as well.
6. Juniper essential oil
Juniper berry oil has a crunchy and earthy aroma. From skincare to stomach care, juniper has miraculous health benefits. It is also a well-known antiseptic and relaxant. It also stimulates blood circulation.
7. Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass oil is one of the most commonly used herbs to treat stomach disorder. From treating fungal infections to mental disorders, lemongrass essential oil has a handful of health benefits. It even stimulates lymphatic drainage and blood circulation.
8. Patchouli essential oil
This deep brown colored oil has a deep, earthy, and woody aroma. Patchouli oil has various health benefits like stimulating blood circulation, healing wounds, and inflammation. Must say, patchouli is an excellent detoxifier.
Scientific Name of Digize Oil
As said above, digize is a combination or a blend of 8 different essential oils. Their scientific names are Zingiber officinale (Ginger), Mentha piperita (Peppermint), Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel), Pimpinella anisum (Anise), Artemisia dracunculus (Tarragon), Juniperus osteosperma (Juniper), Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass), and Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli). (2)
Color, Consistency, and Smell of Digize oil
- The color of digize oil is golden yellow to dark brown or amber.
- The consistency of digize oil is thick.
- The smell of digize oil is spicy, earthy, and woody. Some might dislike it or find it stinky when they smell for the first time.
Properties of Digize Essential Oil
The therapeutic properties of Digize essential oil include:
- Analgesic – Lessens pain sensation
- Antibacterial – Prevents bacterial growth
- Anthelmintic – Gets rid of intestinal parasites
- Antidepressant – Alleviates depression
- Antifungal – Prevents fungal growth
- Anti-infectious – Impedes infections
- Anti-inflammatory – Lessens the effects of inflammation
- Antimicrobial – Prevents the growth of microorganisms
- Antioxidant – Inhibits oxidation process
- Antiseptic – Kills the microbes and prevents their development
- Antirheumatic – Treats rheumatic conditions
- Antispasmodic – Relieves spasms, convulsions, or contractions
- Antitoxic – Neutralizes the toxins
- Antitussive – Relieves coughs
- Antiviral – Prevents viral growth
- Astringent – Tightens or contracts the tissues
- Balsamic – Soothes sore throats, coughs, etc.
- Calmative – Effective sedative & calming agent
- Carminative – Gets rid of flatulence, bloating, and abdomen pain
- Cholagogue – Removes bile from gall bladder & ducts
- Cicatrizing – Forms scar tissues and promotes healing
- Circulatory – Promotes proper blood flow
- Decongestant – Reduces congestion
- Digestive – Aids in healthy digestion
- Disinfectant – Fights against germs
- Diuretic – Removes excess water from the body
- Expectorant – Eliminates excess mucus from the body
- Hepatic – Maintains a healthy liver
- Immunostimulant – Stimulates the action of the immune system
- Laxative – Assists in bowel elimination
- Mucolytic – Breaks down mucus
- Pectoral – Cures chest & respiratory problems
- Regenerative – Tends to regenerate
- Restorative – Strengthens & revives the bodily system
- Spasmolytic – Eases smooth muscle spasms
- Stimulant – Enhances the overall function of the body
- Stomachic – Gastric tonic and a digestive aid
Chemical Compounds in Digize Oil
The chemical components in digize oil are none other than the ones found in these 8 essential oils – Ginger oil, peppermint oil, fennel oil, anise oil, tarragon oil, juniper oil, lemongrass oil, and patchouli oil.
The links to each of these essential oils is given above, which contain the chemical compounds in detail.
Health Benefits of Digize Oil
- Relieves stomach discomfort
- Treats indigestion
- Cures chronic constipation
- Detoxifies the liver
- Strengthens the gut
- Gets rid of flatulence
- Facilitates lymphatic drainage
- Soothes headaches
- Boosts immunity
- Aids in weight loss
Though digize oil benefits are abundant, the most prominent ones include:
1. Relieves stomach discomfort
Stomach discomfort is very common. It makes your tummy feel heavy, painful and makes you feel lazy.
Digize oil gives instant relief to stomach upset. Whenever you feel heavy or there is any discomfort in your abdominal region, this oil can come in handy.
Take 1-2 drops of digize oil and dilute it with pure coconut oil. Massage your abdomen in small circular clockwise motions.
The “Clockwise motion” is the key and gives you instant relief. Massaging in anticlockwise motion will slow down the digestion process. It’s a short time fix, but then it does its job perfectly. You will feel light in a matter of few minutes.
2. Treats indigestion
Indigestion or dyspepsia is one of the most common problems. The main is bad eating habits and lifestyle.
However, DiGize oil is an instant fix for indigestion, and it is totally natural too. It cures your stomach ailments over time.
However, it alone could not cure it. You go on eating everything, suffer from indigestion, and grab Digize to relieve. It doesn’t work like that. For a better tummy, you need to watch what you eat.
A healthy stomach would feel light and a little hungry. Of course, DiGize would help you to speed up your digestion process. But with healthy eating habits, DiGize would work wonders.
3. Cures chronic constipation
When you head to a Siddha specialist down south in India with any ailment, the first treatment they would prescribe is to cleanse your tummy internally.
If you feel that you are obese, lethargic and dull always, it means, you have poop inside your intestine for a long time. Chronic constipation is normally unaddressed most of the time.
Just like you eat daily, it is important to excrete. If you are suffering from chronic constipation, we would suggest you to visit an Ayurvedic center to clean up your tummy first.
But how can Digze blend help you to cure constipation? Well, just massage your abdomen with diluted Digize oil in an empty stomach (Possibly in the morning). Rest and focus your mind on your abdomen.
The oil does its job and helps you to relieve from constipation. Again, fiber-rich diet, water intake, and exercises are crucial.
4. Detoxifies the liver
Your liver is more like a chemical factory. It deals with all the toxins every day. Therefore, it is important to detoxify once in a while.
The handiest method suggested by Ayurveda to detox is water fasting. You can also use Digize oil to detox yourself.
Dilute a drop of Digize oil in 3 tablespoons of lukewarm sesame oil. Massage your body using diluted Digize oil (basically, perform Abhyanga on a sunny day). And take a bath using hot water after Abhyanga. Take easily digestible food or water fast during the day.
Perform abhyanga once in a week, and you will experience a magical change in the way your body functions.
5. Strengthens the gut
Your overall well-being starts with your gut. Digize oil helps you to strengthen your gut. It balances your gut microflora and treats stomach ailments.
Along with a healthy lifestyle, it helps to strengthen your solar plexus. All you have to do is massage your abdomen using diluted Digize oil in small circular clockwise motions.
6. Gets rid of flatulence
According to yogic science, there are 5 major vayus (air) that govern the functions of the body. Among those five, Apana Vayu governs the elimination and downward movement. It basically helps in the elimination process.
Flatulence is so common, and it is good unless it stinks. When it stinks, it means you have something to worry about your stomach.
It is caused due to indigestion and constipation. If you are someone who suffers this, you should take care of what you eat, how you eat, and when you eat.
Topical application of Digize oil instantly relieves you from discomfort caused due to flatulence. Proper diet and workout are so crucial for the long run.
7. Facilitates lymphatic drainage
There are two major functions of lymph glands in the body. First, they filter lymph (a fluid that flows through the lymphatic system) and second, they assist the immune system.
There is always a fluid build-up in the lymph nodes, and massaging it regularly boosts its circulation. You can perform body massage with diluted digize oil or Abhyanga (as mentioned earlier) once in a week. It facilitates lymphatic drainage and boosts circulation as well.
8. Soothes headaches
Headaches can occur due to various reasons and are hard to find what exactly caused them. Though there are different types of headaches, gastric headaches are so common.
When your stomach has indigested food or is upset for some reason, it reflects as a headache.
You can use Digize oil as an instant remedy. This situation often occurs during travel. No wonder digize oil is a must-have in your travel kit. Even when you are unable to apply it on your abdomen, you can inhale the aroma of the oil to relieve yourself from headache.
9. Boosts immunity
DiGize oil, as seen earlier, facilitates lymphatic drainage, detoxifies your body, cleans your tummy, and makes you feel light.
Performing Abhyanga once in a week also promotes proper blood circulation and oxygen supply in your body. The individual constituents of the Digize blend are so amazingly therapeutic. However, all you have to remember is, it is just an aid for achieving good health.
10. Aids in weight loss
Weight loss journey is tough and sounds impossible to many. People often worry about it. The major culprit that causes weight gain is your indigestion problem.
Digize solves indigestion issues naturally. Over time, with proper lifestyle, you would see your body becoming lighter. Using DiGize oil appropriately would help a lot. However, always remember one thing – Overdoing anything may affect you.
How To Use Digize Oil?
- Topical Application: Digize essential oil is concentrated and it is important to use it in its diluted form. You can dilute Digize oil using a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil. Perform a patch test before you move forward.
- Aromatherapy: You can diffuse the oil using a diffuser or a vaporizer for aromatherapy benefits.
- Ingestion: We do not recommend oral intake of essential oils unless prescribed by a professional.
Side Effects of Digize Oil
Making essential oil blends is prevalent for centuries now. The appropriate usage decides its effects and side effects.
Here are a few precautions to make a note of:
- Keep the blend away from the reach of children.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid using the oil at any cost.
- Make sure you dilute the oil well before use. Else, it causes severe skin burns.
- If you are under any medication, consult with your doctor before using the oil.
If you find any allergic symptom, immediately suspend using the oil.